I have been tagged by Bombay Addict to write 8 random things about me. When this whole blog is about me, me and ME (bloody self-centered ME), how do I find 8 new facts about me. So some of these, you might have read somewhere here.
- I was a very quiet boy in my childhood. No pranks, No mischief, no nothing. I was not even on the toppers list nor on the duffers list. I was virtually invisible in school. Compared to that self, I have changed a lot and do talk a lot now that it sometimes becomes impossible to shut me up. I am always looking at an opportunity to crack my worst PJ. In short, I have become pakao.
- I cannot sleep with my face to the wall or to my back to the window. I don’t feel secure with my back facing the window.
- It took me more than 30 years to go on an actual date. It was technically a date but practically it was the girl’s birthday and I just wanted to make her day. Now a date with me is not a good experience/occurance but then it was the least I could do then letting her spent the day alone. It was a date which cannot be termed as a date. Even with her, I had never gone on a date
- I once would go with the building cricket team for the matches. Not as a player but for my shouting skill. The one you call cheering, a cheer-leader although it was more of shouting so that nobody could hear what the other team was cheering about. We lost most of the matches but we lost in style.
- I am a collection freak and I don’t know when to stop. I started with collecting story books in my childhood. In my teenage years, I collected music cassettes. Now I collect movies. I had once collected a lot of General Knowledge information. I had 6 notebooks with each bit of information tagged, numbered, cross-referenced and categorized. I don’t know where these books are. I even collected tree leaves once but then had to give up because of the stinking smell. Before coming to Amsterdam, I had collected the highest number of compensatory holiday (Holidays you get for working on weekends and public holiday)
- I have problem with initiating an email or IM conversation except when I have work with him/her (Selfish) or I have to wish that person on his/her birthday, anniversary etc. I am always in the invisible mode and when I see a person online, I always think that the person may be busy with someone. 9 out the 10 times, I have found out that I am disturbing that person. I have an Orkut/facebook and many social networking site ids but I rarely communicate or login there. I am very unsocial (if thats the word). So learning from my past experience, even if I see you online, I may not talk before you talk. But again, I am invisible!
- I was supposed to be in software and at one time I was so good in Oracle that my college had specially selected a job for me in a database firm. When my friend (who was not so good in Oracle) and I went for the interview, he got selected and I wasn’t selected even though I answered all technical questions correctly and the interview had gone good (as per me). That interview changed a lot the way my professional life and my life shaped up.
- My life has been normal, too normal that I cannot find 8 facts that could be quite interesting to write here. This tag took me more than a week to write and I still can’t think of the 8th fact and still I have more than 450 post about me or remotely related to me in this blog. Now that has me confused.
As the tag is completed and as a rule it is necessary to pass on the tag, I pass the tag to according to the rules below
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
4. If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will not reach Third Series or attain your most precious goals for at least two more lifetimes. (what does it mean?)
And the last one can be anyone who can take it, please!