While talking to a friend today, we were discussing the bad qualities we have. She is a regular reader of my blog and while talking to her, I realized that I have put only my goody goody qualities on this blog.
I had read once then when you blog or write on a public forum, you tend to put a positive image of yourself before readers. This also puts positive thoughts in me. But then is that the real me? I am not a goody goody person as I make from my blog and I do have some(?) bad qualities.
So its time to open the closet and let the skeleton out.
Listing some of my bad qualities
- Lazy – I am lazy, very lazy. I always postpone things just because I do not feel the urge to do it or just because I am too lazy to do it.
- Foul words – Till my teenage years, I never uttered foul language. Even in college, I was kind of aacha bacha! (good boy). Things started changing in the last years of the college. Call it peer pressure or the frustration. When I joined my present job, the pressure was too much. There was a lot of frustration and foul language was a way to vent out my anger. I am not justifying myself but I do use foul language. Although I do take care not to use it in front of people who could be offended by it.
- Planing – I almost never plan, neither my life, nor my career. Things have happened suddenly and I am happy about most of them. That’s what makes me lazy too I guess. When I find people planning out their life, I feel quite scarred that “am I losing somewhere?”
- Short-temper – I am short tempered. I get angry fast. I had found it difficult to control my anger at times but there are people who have rarely seen me angry. That does not mean that I have learnt to control my anger. It just means that they do not have the qualities to make me angry.
- Letting Go – I have difficulty letting go of my memories, my hurt, my anger. I have been known to hold a grudge for a long time especially when I am hurt. I had once not talked to my good friend for almost eight months until he came to talk to me.
- Stubborn – I am stubborn. Although I do try to keep behave to keep everybody happy, sometimes I may just refuse to change. The more you force me to change, the more I remain stuck to a point.
- Me, God and Religion – I believe in god but then I don’t pray unless I am in trouble. I guess I am selfish. I am not religious and any religious function I attend is mostly because for others than for myself. Not exactly a bad quality although, I am not particularly proud of it.
- Addictive – I find it difficult to get free from my addiction. During my school days, I was addicted to story books that I found myself reading stories during exams days, during college, I was addicted to television, during job to Internet surfing, now to blogging and also to the movies that I tend to write less. Setting priorities have been a problem with me.
I am no saint. Like everybody else, I have my set of bad qualities. The extent of these bad qualities may vary according to situation and people but I do have them. It is possible that I may improve after a while but as of now the above qualities stay. I guess, I had many more bad qualities before but now have become less. The change has been gradual, the reason being personal or others.
People who personally know me may list a few more but as of now these are all I can remember. So for those who have been readying this blog and don’t know me, I am not the perfect gentleman I make out to be. For those who already know me, there is nothing new to tell!
Note: This can be taken as a tag. Time to come clean, anyone?